Subject: Re: per package CONFIGURE_ARGS in mk.conf
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/04/2006 21:55:40
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 08:03:10PM +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On 11/4/06, diro@nixsys.bz <diro@nixsys.bz> wrote:
[..]
> >What would be so horrible about having something like
> >CONFIGURE_ARGS.package_name? This would save having a lot of PKG_OPTIONS
> >settings for the many configure args that can be used to tweak specific
> >packages.
>
> That many configure options have lots of side effects with respect to
> installed files, available features, program behavior, etc.
> Supporting such a setup would result in lots of random problems and
> broken packages all around.

IMHO it is not that this will be used for binary packages, but they
are needed if you want to build a package with a specific option.

I allways have to modify my /etc/mk.conf when i build squid so I get
the correct options which are not handeld by PKG_OPTIONS:

#VARBASE=/var/spool
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --enable-useragent_log

This is not only for CONFIGURE_ARGS but also for a package specific
VARBASE.

Bernd