Subject: Re: Suggestion for new feature: PLIST macros
To: <>
From: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/24/2006 16:40:25
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 10:17:33PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
>
>>I'm talking only about the _source_ representation, that is the PLIST
>>files that are next to the package Makefiles. I do not want to change
>>the +CONTENTS file at all. That's your part for the moment. :)
>

> I do as well, the problem here is that packages don't use the DESTDIR
> framework (and which is not active by default) can be randomly altered
> by left-over files etc. That should not happen.

and also altered by something being broken.  I've been fixing a bunch of
packages just lately on solaris that really were broken.  The first
indication was PLIST problems because autoconf was just deciding to turn
off certain optional components.  Of course it would be good if autoconf
didn't make automatic decisions that way, but thats another issue.

-Dan