Subject: Re: pkg/34856: upgrade to GnuPG 1.9.93
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2006 03:47:36
kazu@iij.ad.jp wrote:
>> Number:         34856
>> Category:       pkg
>> Synopsis:       upgrade to GnuPG 1.9.93
>> Confidential:   no
>> Severity:       non-critical
> Please upgrade security/gnupg-devel from 1.9.22 to 1.9.93.
> It is said that this version resolves the problem on handling
> versign v1 root certificate.
> I need to make sure whether or not the problem has been soleved.
> Note that this version requires libgpg-error 1.4.
>
>> How-To-Repeat:
>
>> Fix:

I've been working on this and am encountering problems I need guidance
on. GnuPG 1.9.93 depends on libassuan built with pth. GnuPG 1.9.93 and
pinentry also depend on pth. Currently, security/gnupg-devel and
security/pinentry build pth locally and link statically to the pth
library to avoid conflicts with native pthreads on NetBSD. I can
eliminate the static linking to pth and make libassuan, gnupg-devel and
pinentry dependant on pth, however, I noticed that having pth causes
problems with other packages (perl won't build) on NetBSD.

Recommendations?

--
John R. Shannon, CISSP
Chief Scientist