Subject: Re: Check for "test ... == ..." in configure scripts
To: David Howland <dhowland@users.sourceforge.net>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/18/2006 10:17:22
On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 02:04:30PM -0400, David Howland wrote:
> I havn't been following the reason for these changes very closely.  I'm
> sure these changes weren't made without good reason.  I have no doubt
> the intentions were good.   BUT...
>
> net/kismet is now broken on my netbsd 3.1 system.  It will not
> configure.  All I had to do to get it to build properly was to re-add
> the "==" that the new patches had removed in favor of "=".  Once the
> tests were returned to normal, the package built fine.  Were these
> changes tested at all before they were imported?  Perhaps they work on
> 4.0, I dont know, but this sure gave me a real "WTF?" moment today.

It has nothing to do with 4.0.  Many ./configure scripts use "==" which is
a GNU bashism (POSIX /bin/sh only knows "=").  Roland now added a test for
appearance of "==" in configure scripts, and if you have PKG_DEVELOPER=yes
in /etc/mk.conf, it will cause an error.   Just unset PKG_DEVELOPER if you
don't care about fixing it.

	Geert