Subject: Re: state of pkgsrc on AIX, OpenBSD, BSD/OS
To: <>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2006 15:33:38
Hubert Feyrer writes:
- I was approached on IRC by someone who's feeling strong for HP/UX and AIX
- support of pkgsrc. Apparently there are a bunch of PRs (I don't have
- numbers right now) that are not being looked at. The pkgsrc.org website
- lists AIX, OpenBSD and BSD/OS as supported, yet there isn't someone in
- pkgsrc/doc/RESPONSIBLE to talk to.
-
- Does pkgsrc have people to care for those platforms, or shall we de-list
- them from being supported?

	I'm the guilty party for having written most (all?) of
the current HP-UX support.  And I find it useful for my own use,
even if I'm not doing a good job of completing the work, or
keeping it up to date. :(

	So, personally, I'd like it to stay..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	The only cats worth anything are the cats who take chances.