Subject: Re: intltool in pkgsrc.txt
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/09/2006 21:32:36
On 9/8/06, Magnus Henoch <mange@freemail.hu> wrote:
> pkgsrc.txt says:
>
> > 17.5.15. Packages using intltool
> >
> > If a package uses intltool during its build, include the ../../textproc/
> > intltool/buildlink3.mk file, which forces it to use the intltool package
> > provided by pkgsrc, instead of the one bundled with the distribution file.
>
> But textproc/intltool/buildlink3.mk was removed two months ago, with
> the commit message:
>
> > Sweep pkgsrc and convert packages that included intltool/buildlink3.mk
> > to use instead "USE_TOOLS+=intltool".  Remove now unused
> > intltool/buildlink3.mk
>
> However, I tried to use that line while hacking at an Ekiga package,
> but it seems not to have the desired effect; the configure script
> still detected only the included one.

The configure script will use the included intltool but after the
configure phase, pkgsrc replaces the generated script in the work
directory with a link to the real utility.

> In any case, the documentation should be updated.

Indeed.  I'll try to do that alongside some other changes.

Thanks.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/