Subject: Re: C99
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/2006 19:56:20
--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:11:20PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > However, trying to build stuff on IRIX with gcc, I realize that an
> > additional CFLAGS (-std=3Dc99) is also required for gcc.  Instead of
> > patching the same number of packages again with an additional check, I
> > was thinking it might make more sense to simply add a=20
> >=20
> > USE_LANGUAGES+=3D	c99
>=20
> I prefer this. Does IRIX offer a c99 compiler frontend (as opposed to
> cc)? We could change CC=3Dc99 in this case.

IRIX MIPSPro does indeed provide a "c99" compiler frontend.  However,
this does not solve the problem when using gcc as the compiler.  Unless
we provide a wrapper for "c99" that invokes the appropriate compiler
with the right flags.

-Jan

--=20
   This is so cool I have to go to the bathroom.

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--