Subject: have bootstrap honor environment variables?
To: Discussion List NetBSD Packages Technical <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/20/2006 12:12:43
Now that bootstrap in becoming more and more powerful, i.e. building
more and more tools directly from the start, I would like to inquire
what you think about including a mechanism to pass certain
environment variables to it (which, if set, it would in turn pass
into mk.conf.examples)?
I'm specifically thinking of ID, GREP, CP, TEST, TOUCH, XARGS, CC,
CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, DBG (do we need DBG anyway?).
The tools, in particular CP and XARGS, I would need to set on IRIX 5
as the native ones are insufficient for the full pkgsrc framework
which now is already used during the bootstrap phase when registering
newly-installed packages.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053