Subject: Re: pkgsrc bootstrap kit for Solaris 10?
To: Gilles Dauphin <Gilles.Dauphin@enst.fr>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/17/2006 14:19:29
I've unpacked the 2006Q2 pkgsrc snapshot and am trying to get it working
on this machine.  For some reason I can't yet fathom, running

  su - root sh -c "blah"

doesn't actually run blah, but brings up an interactive shell.  In order
to get around that I've gotten sudo working on this machine and that
seems to do the trick by using

  SU_CMD="sudo sh -c"

Unfortunately I now get a baffling shell error which I'm trying to track
down:

|bosko[...pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install] 476v>: bmake -e install
|===> Skipping vulnerability checks.
|WARNING: No /home/pkgsrc/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/pkg-vulnerabilities file found.
|WARNING: To fix, install the pkgsrc/security/audit-packages
|WARNING: package and run: ``/usr/pkg/sbin/download-vulnerability-list''.
|===> Installing for pkg_install-20060701
|/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `)' unexpected
|*** Error code 2
|
|Stop.
|bmake: stopped in /home/pkgsrc/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
|*** Error code 1
|
|Stop.
|bmake: stopped in /home/pkgsrc/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install

I was hoping that the -e option would show the offending shell line which
would give me a chance to actually search for it in the source (as I'm
aware that make is used to construct lines for sh all over the place and
'line 1' which is complains of could be, well, anywhere)

I've also turned on all logging for sudo but that doesn't show anything
up at all, unfortunately ...

How should I go about tracking this error down?

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank