Subject: Re: how to require gcc3?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/12/2006 23:56:21
On 8/12/06, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> So neither spamprobe nor qemu build with gcc4, which is a bit of a mess
> for NetBSD 4.0. Can someone please remind me how to ask pkgsrc to please
> use gcc3 (and install it from pkgsrc if necessary)?

I had been looking at that just yesterday and found no way to do it.
It lookg like you can ask pkgsrc to require a *minimum* gcc version
(GCC_REQD), but not a specific one.

I also tried multiple hacks in qemu to include gcc3-c's buildlink3.mk
file as well as trying to later pull in its mk.conf bits, but I had no
luck.  Of course adding  /usr/pkg/gcc3/mk/c.mk to my mk.conf file by
hand did the trick and made qemu work again, but this should be
automated.  It looks like some the compiler handling framework could
be improved to allow specifying the exact (maybe not exact and only
say "any 3.x") required version of the compiler.

Johnny? :-)

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>