Subject: Re: BUILDLINK_PREFIX.
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/07/2006 20:16:04
On 8/7/06, Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu> wrote:
> Anyway, the following commands still return nothing (as does any other
> phase used instead of wrapper):
>
>         cd devel/bison
>         make show-var PKG_PHASE=wrapper VARNAME=PKG_PREFIX.gettext-lib
>
> Note:  here is the bit from the bison Makefile that I expected would
> cause PKG_PREFIX.gettext-lib to be defined.
>
>         .include "../../devel/gettext-lib/buildlink3.mk"
>
> I must still be missing something.  Could someone please verify that
> they see the same thing.  When is PKG_PREFIX.* visible as a value?
> Any further help is greatly appreciated.

The correct name is BUILDLINK_PREFIX.*, not PKG_PREFIX.*.  If you find
the latter somewhere (I don't recall seeing it, though), it's probably
a package-specific variable and not something standard within pkgsrc.
In that case, you should check for the EVAL_PREFIX functionality.
(But again, I doubt this is the situation and you should just look at
the BUILDLINK_PREFIX.* variables.)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/