Subject: Re: Meta package for pkgsrc developer tools
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@jaist.ac.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/06/2006 02:34:41
----Security_Multipart(Sun_Aug__6_02_34_41_2006_416)--

In the message on Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:24:39 +0200,
Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org> wrote:

> remind me, why do we have such an useless package as pkgclean in pkgsrc,
> again?
>
> (if you don't want clutter in your pkgsrc tree, mount it read-only and
>  set WRKOBJDIR.  and when you feel like it, just wipe WRKOBJDIR clean
>  with rm.  it's even faster!)

I agree with your opinion in the case of setting WRKOBJDIR.  But, pkgsrc
allows users not to set WRKOBJDIR so that pkgclean is useful just in
this case.

If most of the pkgsrc developers set WRKOBJDIR, pkgclean does not need
to be included in the meta package.

Regards,

--
Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@jaist.ac.jp>
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST)