Subject: Re: default values for log and PID file path names?
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/02/2006 10:26:34
In article <1646D41F-C4B2-4FE6-92A5-FC44DDC7FA35@freenet.de> Georg wrote:
: Is there a system variable with pkgsrc that specifies where log file
: should be created?
: Can we assume that ${VARBASE}/log does exist and is a suitable place
: to store logs?
: The same question holds for PID files and ${VARBASE}/run.

: Is it possible to pass such values using the pkgsrc options framework
: giving someone installing pkgsrc the opportunity to specify different
: values than the defaults?

  If by the options framework you refer to bsd.options.mk, then no:
those are strictly boolean options.  To pass strings, use a mechanism
similar to PKG_SYSCONFDIR.

  For this case, simply using ${VARBASE}/log or ${VARBASE}/run should
suffice: I see no gain in being able to specify different values.

					yours,
					dillo