Subject: Re: CONFLICTS matching
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/01/2006 23:02:08
> This is not always possible.  E.g., the "ethereal" package has recently
> been renamed to "wireshark".  wireshark currently has CONFLICT set to
> ethereal-[0-9]*, but not the other way around.

It also causes problems for e.g. pkgsrc-wip; a package in wip can CONFLICT
with the non-wip package, but without effort/sponsoring by someone with a
commit bit the non-wip package cannot conflict with the wip package.

And even if it could I suppose it would be questionable to have regular
packages refer to wip packages. Would be much nicer if the conflict checking
was handled by the system such that the issue did not arise.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org