Subject: Re: default values for log and PID file path names?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/01/2006 20:37:29
Am 01.08.2006 um 20:20 schrieb Roland Illig:

> These variables are the ones that are added to BUILD_DEFS by the
> package. (This is completely undocumented, at least in the pkgsrc
> guide.)
> Or did I understand you wrong, and you wanted to ask:
> Can we have additional variables VAR_LOG_DIR and VAR_RUN_DIR that
> can be configured independent from VARBASE?

neither question, although a positive answer to the second one would
solve my issue.
I just wanted to know what to specify for a --with-logfile= and a --
with-pidfile= configure option.

--with-logfile=${VARBASE}/log/blabla.log --with-pidfile=${VARBASE}/

Or is there anything more appropriate?

Georg Schwarz  +49 178 8545053