Subject: Re: php-mysql for MySQL 4.1x (as it was) instead of php5-mysqli?
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/30/2006 12:12:47
--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 04:04:41PM +0100, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> in autumn 2005 i used databases/php-mysql for connecting to MySQL 4.1x;
> unfortunately, pkgsrc-current builds php-mysql with a 3.23.x ABI of
> MySQL, whereas connecting to MySQL4 would be possible using php5-mysqli.

This shouldn't be the case - php-mysql should use the
mysql client package which is currencly installed and shouldn't
force=20

Try to first install mysql4-client, and then build and install php-mysql.
That should make it work.

(in more recent pkgsrc, mysql3 is actually already removed IIRC)

Jaromir
--=20
-=3D- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=3D-
-=3D- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=3D-

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR--