Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/tnftp
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2006 09:59:35
--=-=-=

Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org> writes:

> Which brings us back to what happens for bootstrap-installed packages,
> which by definition are built and installed before pkgsrc can used.  I
> think we should provide formatted catman pages in the distribution and
> install them as well, at the very least in the case where the packages
> are indeed installed via bootstrap.

I am not familiar with the details of bootstrap packages, but it would
be neat if the bootstrap package didn't have to attempt to be
complete, so that one could use it for bootstrapping but also pull in
the real package if you actually needed it.  Then bootstrap-installed
packages could simply have no man pages, since they'd be solely for
pkgsrc use.

=2D-=20
    Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=