Subject: Re: Solaris 10 problem
To: Matthew Kolb <muk@msu.edu>
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar@cs.earlham.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/22/2006 09:39:02
--------------enigEDF0D3C395F46C6F714DD96D

Matthew Kolb wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2006, at 10:19 PM, Skylar Thompson wrote:
>
>> I just got a brand spanking new Sun Ultra 20 running Solaris 10 x86, a=
nd
>> I'm having some problems with the pkgsrc collection. I've got everythi=
ng
>> bootstrapped fine with the Sun Studio compiler. I'm trying to build
>> packages, but I'm running into circular dependency with gettext-tools
>> needing gmake which needs gcc which needs gmake, etc.
>>
>> What I don't get is why gcc is being built at all. Can't I just use th=
>> Sun Studio compiler? Is there a way to disable the gcc dependency for
>> all packages?
>
> This is my mk.conf on one of our x4200s:
>
> BUILDLINK_LDFLAGS.gettext=3D  -R/usr/pkg/lib
> BUILDLINK_LIBDIRS.gettext=3D lib
> CC=3Dcc
> CFLAGS=3D-fast
> CPP=3D/usr/ccs/lib/cpp
> CXX=3DCC
> CXXFLAGS=3D-fast
> FETCH_CMD=3D/usr/pkg/bin/ftp
> IS_BUILTIN.gettext=3D     yes
> LOCALBASE=3D/usr/pkg
> LOCALPATCHES=3D/usr/local/patches
> PAX=3D/usr/pkg/bin/pax
> PKGSRC_COMPILER=3Dsunpro
> PKG_DBDIR=3D/var/db/pkg
> SED=3D/usr/pkg/bin/nbsed
>
> Note the PKGSRC_COMPILER entry.
>
> This works pretty well for us.
>
> .

Weird. I've got the PKGSRC_COMPILER entry too. Just for reference,
here's my mk.conf:

=2Eifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # begin pkgsrc settings

PKG_DBDIR=3D/var/db/pkg
LOCALBASE=3D/usr/pkg
ZOULARISBASE=3D/usr/pkg
FETCH_CMD=3D/usr/pkg/bin/ftp
PAX=3D/usr/pkg/bin/pax
CC=3D/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
PKGSRC_COMPILER=3Dsunpro
USE_GCC2=3Dno
USE_GCC3=3Dno
USE_PKGSRC_GCC=3Dyes
GCC_REQD+=3D0

=2Eendif                  # end pkgsrc settings

--=20
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/