Subject: Re: pkgsrc/bootstrap is broken , Solaris and co
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Gilles Dauphin <Gilles.Dauphin@enst.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2006 16:04:09

> The check in SunOS.mk that you note above is done "too early" during
> Makefile processing, so all that it sees is ${SED} expanding to an empty
> value.
>
> I'm removing this check for now from pkgsrc.  I think we should
> re-introduce it in a more general "check-bootstrap" target that verifies
> all of the bootstrap programs for that platform are in place before
> proceeding.
>
> Please cvs update in pkgsrc/mk and let me know how it goes.  You've been
> doing a ton of work on Solaris, and I'd like to get this fixed for you ASAP.

 I got :
 ===> Installing dependencies for pkg_install-20060720
=> Registering installation for pkg_install-20060720
===> Cleaning for pkg_install-20060720
===> Installing packages(7) man page
===> running: (cd ../pkgtools/pkgmanpages && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake
MAKECONF=/pkg/obj/mk.conf.example WRKOBJDIR=/pkg/obj/pkgsrc install)
ERROR: Please unset PKG_PATH before doing pkgsrc work!
*** Error code 255

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkgmanpages
===> exited with status 1
aborted.

so I unset PKG_PATH and I see a very interesting message:

Hopefully everything is now complete.
Thank you
===> bootstrap started: Thu Jul 20 15:57:45 CEST 2006
===> bootstrap ended:   Thu Jul 20 15:59:13 CEST 2006

I like this line:
Thank you

Gilles