Subject: Re: pkgsrc/bootstrap is broken , Solaris and co
To: Gilles Dauphin <Gilles.Dauphin@enst.fr>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2006 09:23:42
Gilles Dauphin wrote:

>> This should be fixed now.  I'm not sure why this wasn't picked up on my
>> Mac OS X system, and I'll have to investigate that later.
>
> Something goes wrong with SED now,
> I don't understand what's happen ,
>
> TOOLS_PLATFORM.sed?=            /usr/pkg/bin/nbsed
> is defined in /pkg/obj/mk.conf.example, I look for SED with bmake -dvx and found
> SED = ${TOOLS_PLATFORM.sed}
>
> but in mk/platform/SunOS.mk, SED seems not defined at line
> .if !exists(${SED}) || ${SED} == "/usr/xpg4/bin/sed"

The check in SunOS.mk that you note above is done "too early" during
Makefile processing, so all that it sees is ${SED} expanding to an empty
value.

I'm removing this check for now from pkgsrc.  I think we should
re-introduce it in a more general "check-bootstrap" target that verifies
all of the bootstrap programs for that platform are in place before
proceeding.

Please cvs update in pkgsrc/mk and let me know how it goes.  You've been
doing a ton of work on Solaris, and I'd like to get this fixed for you ASAP.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>