Subject: Rototill of bootstrap
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/14/2006 19:36:02
My rototill of bootstrap is mostly done except for a few unfinished
items.  The highlights are:

* The nawk package has been added to the bootstrap process as it's such
   a fundamental tool within pkgsrc/mk.

* The various *.mk files have been moved into the bootstrap-mk-files
   package.  Modifications to those files should mean that the version
   for that package should increase.

* The current bootstrap will now install the bootstrap software and also
   register it afterwards in the package database.  There are only a few
   files left which are not registered, but the only affected platforms
   are AIX, P-UX, IRIX, and UnixWare.  For all other platforms, all files
   are now registered as belonging to some package.

The unfinished items are:

* Create pkgtools packages to own the remaining unregistered files.

I'll be AFK for the weekend, but please file bug reports if anything is
amiss.  I tested bootstrap repeatedly on my Mac OS X Powerbook.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>