Subject: Re: gramps2 and python
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/13/2006 10:13:57
--nextPart1619398.nUcAR7sSvE

On Thursday 13 July 2006 09:22, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'm trying to build gramps2, and having trouble.  I'm using a pkg_comp
> chroot with netbsd-3 sets on a current i386 box.  I'm using pkg_chk in
> the chroot.  I started building a few days ago but tried gramps2 with
> up-to-the-minute pkgsrc bits.
>

> I have 1.19 of databases/gramps2/Makefile, and it sets
> PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED to 2.  But then the build looks for 23, and I
> think that's because of the code in the bl3 files that checks for
> threading.  It seems wrong for bl3 files to expand the list of
> accepted versions.
>
> Also, I wonder if it is time to set the default version to 24, since
> 23 seems troublesome for some things.

gramps built fine here. I'm using python24 over here see info below:

Information for gramps-2.0.11:

Comment:
Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System

Requires:
yelp>=2.2
gnome-vfs2>=2.12.2nb2
scrollkeeper>=0.3.14nb8
py24-bsddb3>=4.3.3nb2
py24-imaging>=1.1.5nb1
py24-xml>=0.8.4nb2
py24-gtk2>=2.8.5nb1
py24-gnome2>=2.12.4nb1
shared-mime-info>=0.16nb2
GConf2>=2.12.1nb1

I defined

PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT=         24

inside /etc/mk.conf

Here are the py24-* packages that are currently installed on this system:

/var/db/pkg/py24-Numeric-24.2
/var/db/pkg/py24-ORBit-2.0.1nb1
/var/db/pkg/py24-bsddb3-4.4.2
/var/db/pkg/py24-gnome2-2.12.4nb1
/var/db/pkg/py24-gnome2-extras-2.12.0nb7
/var/db/pkg/py24-gobject-2.10.1nb1
/var/db/pkg/py24-gtk2-2.8.6
/var/db/pkg/py24-imaging-1.1.5nb1
/var/db/pkg/py24-libxml2-2.6.26