Subject: Re: PLIST content
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2006 00:20:40
In article <20060702215212.GC16715@britannica.bec.de> joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
: On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 11:14:36PM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
: >   For deletion/archival, I think this is okay.  For installation
: > (copying over from share/examples), I think it's not.  So if all
: > ``include files'' that get installed by the package must be listes as
: > (3), and (4) lists directories where the admin may place additional
: > ``include files'', I'm happy with it.

: Do I understand your concern correctly, that additional (manually
: created) entries in share/examples should not be picked up automatically?

  No, my main concern is about files that get installed in the example
directory by the package (e.g. .orig files, additional files in the
next version of the package) that should not be installed as config
files.

  This is simmilar to why we list all files in the PLIST, and have no
mechanism to say ``this directory and everything in it''.

: If yes, I agree with you and will clear up the proposal. The to-be-copied
: files should be provided entirely by the content of the package for the
: recursion. This applies only for category (4) as used to template
: origin.

  Let me repharse this as clearly as possible: (4) should not copy any
files on install; it should be used to archive/delete files on
deinstall only.  All files to be copied from templates on install must
be explicitly listed as type (3) entries in the PLIST.

					yours,
					dillo