Subject: Re: PLIST content
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2006 23:42:43
On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 11:29:15PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >here is the initial proposal for PLIST entries.
>
> Let's assume you meant the file that is currently called +CONTENTS.

Both PLIST and +CONTENTS. Many parts are useful enough that it makes
sense to include them statically in a PLIST as well. Just think about
the default sudorc with a nice checksum to detect modification :-)

> (1d) Device files
>
> which are needed by the crossbuild packages and some Linux emulation
> packages.

I explicitly do NOT want to include them in packages. The simple fact
that it created a lot of problems in that past makes this IMO absolutely
undesireable. The concept of device files makes no sense under Interix I
believe, the creation of device files doesn't work in a jail under
DragonFly/FreeBSD and the major/minor numbers differ on all systems,
typically even platforms.

Joerg