Subject: Re: Announcing the pkgsrc-2006Q2 branch
To: None <,>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2006 21:34:53
On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 02:27:24PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> The pkgsrc-2006Q2 Branch
> ========================
> The pkgsrc developers are very proud to announce the new pkgsrc-2006Q2
> branch, which has support for more packages than previous branches.
> As well as updated versions of many packages, the infrastructure of
> pkgsrc itself has been improved for better platform and compiler
> support, and also for enhanced security.
> At the same time, the pkgsrc-2006Q1 branch has been deprecated, and
> continuing engineering starts on the pkgsrc-2006Q2 branch.

As for the pkgsrc-2006Q1 branch, I will provide binaries for NetBSD/i386 2.1
and 3.0, and NetBSD/sparc 2.1 and 3.0. I started the initial builds
today; expect the first complete sets in about 2 weeks for i386, and
about 3 to 4 weeks for sparc.
Once the initial builds are done I'll update binaries when the sources are
updated in the branch.

Manuel Bouyer <>