Subject: Re: Virtual packages and package classes
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/27/2006 20:13:30
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 07:54:11PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> >(a) What happens if a package "forgets" the pre-deinstall line? I
> >explicitly want to avoid that since it is an implementation detail of
> >the trigger whether or not it is actually a real function.
>
> I don't understand these sentences.
>
> What do you mean by "forgets"? That a package just registers a true-type
> font but never unregisters it? (=> make it a pkglint check)

Yes. pkglint does help for developers who don't run it :-) I prefer to
not allow problems if possible.

> Please explain the second sentence. I have absolutely no idea what you
> mean with "real function".

As in whether it has any effect or not. I could imaging a trigger script
which just sends a SIGHUP to an active font server or removes a cache
file, but doesn't bother to handle the deinstall case.

Joerg