Subject: Re: pkg_comp on other platforms
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Joachim_K=F6nig-Baltes?= <joachim.koenig-baltes@emesgarten.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/21/2006 10:44:12
Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> It would be interesting to be able to replace the suse* packages with
> such system.

I also have a cross compilation tool chain for building a linux
distribution _under NetBSD_ based on:

- a lot of linux source packages by Jeremy C. Reed (thanks Jeremey!)

- Linux from scratch documentation: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs

- Dan Kegel's cross compilation tools: http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/

These are about 50 packages which I'll upload to pkgsrc-wip during the
next weeks.

I could get such a compiled system (including kernel) to boot halfway
through (so basically, the binaries work), but the rc system I used
made the system hang.

I could use such a setup too for compiling with pkg_comp (at that
time by creating linux "sets" for the makeroot target, but the null
mounting is much more elegant IMO).

My "dream" is still to have a linux distribution with a NetBSD rc system
and being able to automatically generate a Xen Linux domain (either DOMU
or DOM0) from pkgsrc.

Joachim