Subject: Re: Missing file in PLIST for print/tex-jadetex
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2006 16:06:40
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> I thought that the simplest course is to simply make the following
> change to PLIST but Hubert, while agreeing that the existing method
> needs to be fixed, says that this is not the correct way.  I kind of
> agree but I can't see any better way.  Any thoughts?

A proper fix would include something to edit&unedit arbitrary config
files, and not to add any intermediate/backup files to the PLIST.
As such, the method enabled by PKG_DEVELOPER is flawed, and should be
fixed instead of worked around.

A hook to say "these files are OK as not registered" would work, e.g.

   - Hubert