Subject: Re: Why does fonts/ms-ttf need all of X11?
To: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/09/2006 09:00:29
> 	I want to use the fonts/ms-ttf from within a perl module
> 	(fonts/p5-Font-TTFMetrics) on a server without X11 installed, but
> 	fonts/ms-ttf seems intent on pulling in xorg-libs (or equivalent)
>
> 	Why is this needed?

X is not needed.

In fact, over a year ago I modified this package to remove unnecessary
license and restrictions and changes it to install to
${PREFIX}/share/fonts/TTF.

I never committed. I wanted to make it so fonts go to a common location
like ${PREFIX}/share/fonts/ because X is not needed. Does anyone care if I
make this happen with this package?

(I have other font packages that I modified too.)

The USE_X11BASE should not be needed for ms-ttf.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'