Subject: Re: BROKEN_IN?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/25/2006 17:53:18
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:41:08PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> It just keeps track of how long it was known broken (probably from
> someone's bulk build). And if gets too old, then probably the package will
> be scheduled for removal (because no one is interested in fixing it).

Thanks for the information.  Shall I add this quote to the pkgsrc guide?

Speaking of broken programs, I haven't been able to get wine to run in
NetBSD since sometime around the update on January 14, 2005.  Before
that time, I had it working with DLL files from my Windows XP Pro
partition.  Since it broke, winecfg hangs and wine itself it fails with
wine: failed to initialize: mmap of entire address space failed: Cannot
allocate memory

Does wine work on NetBSD for anyone else?

Ben