Subject: MIRROR_DISTFILES
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/23/2006 10:30:40
Hi,

currently NO_SRC_ON_FTP is abused in some cases for specifying that the
distfiles should not be mirrored, because the main location is on one of
the mirrors. In pkglint's list of deprecated variables I found an entry
MIRROR_DISTFILE (without the S) which sounds like a good name to me. I'd
like to see the following integrated into pkgsrc:

MIRROR_DISTFILES can be set to "no" by a package to specify that the
DISTFILES should not be fetched onto ftp.NetBSD.org, the primary
distfiles mirror. The most common reason for setting this variable is
that ftp.NetBSD.org is already the primary download site.

Which pkgsrc tools would be affected by this variable and would need to
be modified?

Roland