Subject: Re: Refactoring "install" and "package" phases
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/2006 22:49:12
In article <20060521144236.GA3535@NetBSD.org> Johnny wrote:
:   I would like to leverage our strength in
: making software build on lots of different platforms, and then allow
: installing and packaging software in the platform's "native" package
: format.  For example, this would be "SVR4 package format" on Solaris,
: or RPM on Red Hat and SuSE, and of course, "pkgsrc format" will always
: be supported by default for all platforms.

  My main concern with this is that the new packages will be in the
native format, but won't mix well with packages provided by the native
OS, which might be confusing to the unawares.

					yours,
					dillo