Subject: Re: x11/openmotify license terms
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/17/2006 15:19:54
In article <20060516193829.GA11909@britannica.bec.de> joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
: On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 03:26:34PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
: > I think what all we really need is a way to say "build a package even
: > if LICENSE= is set as long as NO_BIN_ON_FTP is unset" that people
: > doing bulk builds can choose to use.

: No, this is *not* the point. Bulk builds are the primary regression
: test, so we really want to build everything legally possible. This is
: completely independent from the question what gets redistributed.

  Like I said in my previous post, I would like to separate these two
points (accept all licenses (that allow building without
distributing), and don't build what we're not going to upload.

  For fast platforms, having regression tests for non-free programs is
certainly worth the extra build time, but on some slow platforms, we
may want to have usable packages sooner, at the cost of having fewer
regression tests on those platforms.

					yours,
					dillo