Subject: Re: USE_TOOLS+= gfmt
To: Aleksey Cheusov <>
From: Malcolm Herbert <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/14/2006 11:50:21
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 07:06:37PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
|This is why I think that it is better to implement utility for
|formatting text using C language. And well known 'fmt' and 'fold' are
|good candidates for this. Unfortunately 'gfmt -s' is _the only_ tool
|ready for my needs.
pkgsrc/textproc/par doesn't do what you want? It generally does a better
job on pure text than fmt does. I have not used it for anything other
than English, so I have no idea how it would cope with other character
sets, sorry ...

Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally                                                left blank