Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk
To: tech-pkg >> NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/12/2006 09:41:12
On 5/12/06, Johnny Lam <> wrote:
> Have you read the mailing lists?  Are you aware of how mysterious the
> error is if USE_LANGUAGES+=3Dc++ isn't set?  Does the message that's
> currently output by the wrapper I introduced *actually* hide the real
> issue, or is that just a random irrelevant observation?

I think it's more a general frustration-rooted observation of the
direction of pkgsrc, probably not appropriate for this thread after
all....  The number of extra autogenerated frills has come to a point
that I start to wonder if we're using the wrong fundamental build

(Ever wonder why I gave up on derecurse?  The growing use of PKG_PHASE
and the entire concept of PKG_ERROR_* basically deepsixed the whole

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>