Subject: Re: Upgrading emulators/suse* packages with pkg_chk?
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/11/2006 15:50:23
Am 11.05.2006 um 14:37 Uhr +0200 schrieb Geert Hendrickx:
>On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 02:29:06PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
>>  Am 11.05.2006 um 14:09 Uhr +0200 schrieb Geert Hendrickx:
>>  Does SUSE_PREFER also influence the pkg_chk run, or just the build?
>>  I'd rather not repackage everything that uses linux emulation...
>
>Just the build.

Hm. I thought so.

>   Btw, "rebuilding" won't be too much work here, as we're
>talking about binary linux packages...

Sure, but it still involves walking the tree, and kicking off builds by hand.

>But if you really want to avoid that, you could just tear out the
>underlying suse91 packages without removing the dependent packages, and
>reinstall the suse10 packages in place.

Sure. OTOH, there is no pressing need to go with v10, but I wanted to
make sure I didn't miss the obvious, easy way with pkg_chk. As it is,
I might just wait till the next bulk build.

Thanks,
	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik