Subject: pkgtools/libkver vs. linux packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/29/2006 00:46:30
making a linux package while libkver is in use loses because the
LD_PRELOAD of a NetBSD shared object won't succeed if a linux
binary is being run. :o

For right now I'm working around it by manually running a few
make targets of linux packages without LD_PRELOAD in the
environment.

I suppose the real solution would be somehow to use a supervisory
process and the systrace API to intercept uname and sysctl calls
and fake up the results, instead of library interposition. I don't
think Systrace: the Program can do this, but it looks like Systrace:
the API can.  Am I sane?

-Chap