Subject: Re: Selectively DISabling bin-install ?
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2006 11:58:12
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> We currently don't have such a solution. The proposed way to deal with
> it is to include some or all options in the package name, but noone has
> stepped up with a good and working solution.

I think it should be possible to put something in /etc/mk.conf:

 	.if ${PKGNAME} = foopkg
 	bin-install:
 		:
 	.endif

... at least most of the targets allow this, I don't know if I did it for
bin-install, it's long ago. Adding some extra magic to have a list of
variables in mk.conf should be doable.

But one thing I think is that this should not be put into bsd.pkg.mk, but
kept at users discretion. At least until we know it's really frequently
needed (the variable part, not the .if part).

  - Hubert