Subject: Re: Selectively DISabling bin-install ?
To: None <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2006 11:58:12
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 wrote:
> We currently don't have such a solution. The proposed way to deal with
> it is to include some or all options in the package name, but noone has
> stepped up with a good and working solution.

I think it should be possible to put something in /etc/mk.conf:

 	.if ${PKGNAME} = foopkg

... at least most of the targets allow this, I don't know if I did it for
bin-install, it's long ago. Adding some extra magic to have a list of
variables in mk.conf should be doable.

But one thing I think is that this should not be put into, but
kept at users discretion. At least until we know it's really frequently
needed (the variable part, not the .if part).

  - Hubert