Subject: Re: SoC 2006: pkg_install rewrite?
To: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2006 20:46:43
In article <200604231949.32449.peter.schuller@infidyne.com> Peter wrote:
: > Once we have that new pkg_info in place we can have the bulk build
: > uploaders generate this detailed availability file. Or it can be done
: > automatically.

: Will the new set of meta-data include information such as the options used to
: compile the package?

  Yes, as PKG_OPTIONS.

: How about options of dependencies that might affect the
: build?

  If you assume the binary repository is consitent, you can use
PKG_OPTIONS from the dependency.

  Other than that, no.  There is currently no support in the options
framework to note which options are required of a dependecy.  When we
add that support, it's easy to also add the information to the
BUILD_INFO and summary files.

					yours,
					dillo