Subject: Re: SoC 2006: pkg_install rewrite?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Peter Schuller <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2006 19:49:32
> Once we have that new pkg_info in place we can have the bulk build
> uploaders generate this detailed availability file. Or it can be done
> automatically.

Will the new set of meta-data include information such as the options used to
compile the package? How about options of dependencies that might affect the

I am asking because it affects the ability to seamlessly mix binary and source
packages to satisfy packages and their options.

(I guess this is more to the point that I was unsuccessfully trying to make in
my previous post in the pkgviews removal thread.)

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to
E-Mail: Web: