Subject: Re: pkglint complaining about USE_NCURSES
To: Georg Schwarz <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2006 16:17:33

[ now in a more serious way :) ]

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 04:03:00PM +0200, Georg Schwarz wrote:
> When I run pkglint 4.60 against www/lynx it complains:
> WARN: USE_NCURSES should be set to YES or yes.
> 0 errors and 1 warnings found.
> www/lynx has in
> USE_NCURSES=3D         color
> It that syntax incorrect, or is pkglint wrong to complain?

the syntax is against established practice and the pkglint complaint is
also wrong.

USE_NCURSES should be either [Nn][Oo] or defined with a comment
describing why.

without checking what "color" actually means in the lynx/ncurses
context, the definition should be something like:

  USE_NCURSES=3D		# needs 'color' from ncurses

or similar.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (NetBSD)