Subject: Using Xorg 6.8.2 with pkgsrc-current
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2006 08:09:23
Hello:

I am running amd64, and as my previous post said, I have a seemingly
unresolvable problem with it.  6.8.2 works fine, but then I'm stuck
with that pkgsrc tree.  Is there any way to override the
dependency-checking mechanism and attempt to build/link new packages
against Xorg 6.8.2, or do I have to choose between current or the old
tree?  My intuition is that this cannot be done, but I figure I'd
check; it would really be great if I could use X with current
packages!

(NOTE: The reason for this is that I have an ATI X800-based card, and
this is not supported by any version of XFree86 AFAIK)

Thanks,

--Blair

--
"What is the practical application of a million galaxies?"

--Alan W. Watts