Subject: Re: how to deal with package users/groups when installing in
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2006 16:01:17
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> > But it caused
> > bmake: "../../mk/../../mk/bsd.pkg.check.mk" line 93: Not enough words in
> > for substitution list

> > I didn't look into the error yet (and maybe doesn't exist anymore).
>
> I'm afraid it does.

It used to work -- according to my mk.conf (since I didn't comment out for
some others).

> > To do this we would need to know what users and groups are being used.
> > Maybe something like:
> > _USERS+=	CUPS_USER
> > _GROUPS+=	CUPS_GROUP
> >
> > And then mk/unprivileged.mk could set these.
>
> So you don't want to set these in the respective Makefile?

I meant that it would be set in the respective Makefiles. And then
mk/unprivileged.mk would set like:

.for _user_ in ${_USERS}
${_user_}=	${UNPRIVILEGED_USER}
.endfor

(This is untested and I don't know if is correct.)

> Of course doing so centrally would be much more elegant, for sure.
>
> We have PKG_GROUPS and PKG_USERS; does that help here?

It has more details. I guess we could use it and use sed to modify the
username (and group) between the colons. But that is an idea.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'