Subject: Re: fixesext vs fixesproto
To: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2006 14:29:29
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, walt wrote:

> Okay, good.   I've been having trouble today because wip/pkgmanager
> wants to delete fixesproto and reinstall fixesext (the wrong thing
> to do).
>
> I finally figured out that fixesproto does *not* install the file
> +REQUIRED_BY in /var/db/pkg, and the same for some of its friends.
>
> Could you take a look and find out why this is happening?

Someone accidently had the fixesext be a run-time dependency. It is
only headers and is not needed at run-time. I fixed that (but doesn't
matter now since that package is not even used anymore and will soon be
removed).

fixesproto is a build-only dependency.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'