Subject: Re: fixesext vs fixesproto
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2006 10:53:41
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

>     ===> fixesproto-3.0.2 conflicts with installed package(s):
> fixesext-2.0.1nb2 found.

> Do these two pkgs really conflict?  At first glance they look like
> they might be modularized versions of a larger entity.

fixesext package was from the xlibs project. xlibs was a test-bed. xlibs
has mostly been dead for over a year and no maintenence is done there for
this. The official version is maintained (by mostly the same developers)
in the project.

Yes they conflict. They install the same headers:

The new version of xfixesproto adds support for XFixesExpandRegion.

When the developers of fixesext changed their source download name they
also changed the pkg-config *.pc name too.

Soon I will just remove the now unused fixesext package. (I already
removed it from x11/Makefile.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'