Subject: fixesext vs fixesproto
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus200604@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2006 10:34:17
I just did a full rebuild of all my pkgs by deleting them all,
updating to the current CVS versions of pkgsrc and rebuilding from a
config file via pkg_chk as such:

    pkg_chk -k -r -a -s -f -C pkgchk-wsrcc.conf

After a few hours this error started appearing more and more with
quite a few X related pkgs not building.

    ===> fixesproto-3.0.2 conflicts with installed package(s): fixesext-2.0.1nb2  found.
    *** They install the same files into the same place.
    *** Please remove fixesext-2.0.1nb2  first with pkg_delete(1).
    *** Error code 1

    Stop.

After the compiles finished I deleted fixesext via pkg_delete and
restarted "pkg_chk -k -r -a -s -f -C pkgchk-wsrcc.conf" and the failed
compiles seem to be compiling now.

Do these two pkgs really conflict?  At first glance they look like
they might be modularized versions of a larger entity.

-wolfgang