Subject: Re: Fix for docbook-simple
To: Min Sik Kim <minskim@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/17/2006 17:41:28
On 4/17/06, Min Sik Kim <minskim@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2006, at 7:32 AM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Change the docbook-simple package so that it gets installed as
> > share/xml/docbook/simple/1.1.  This way, the rewriteSystem entry works
> > fine and we mimic the layout given by the URLs.  (I have implemented
> > this currently.)
> >
> > Refix the docbook-xml package so that the rewriteSystem entry is more
> > specific.  Instead of saying that the prefix is just
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/, I'd change it to be
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/<version>.  This way it wouldn't
> > affect other packages.
> >
> > Or we can do both so that we have the same directory layout as the
> > URLs and we avoid rewrite collisions.
> >
> > Any comments?  I think I prefer the latter solution.
>
> I also prefer the latter.  That being said, whichever solution we
> choose, it would be better to change the docbook-simple directory to
> follow the DTD URL directory structure.

BTW, with "the latter" I meant applying both changes.

Anyway... after fixing this (adding the appropriate rewrite entries), I rem=
oved
the custom catalog.xml file that lives in docbook-simple/files and everythi=
ng
seems to work fine.  I'm not so sure this is correct though; any way to tes=
t it
other than building htdocs?

Thanks,

--