Subject: Re: Warning: graphics/png is currently broken
To: None <,>
From: Bernd Ernesti <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/17/2006 10:16:05
On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 08:51:08AM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> I didn't had the chance to check why these two libraries are different,
> but at least the link should point to and not
> to the library.

The difference comes from a linker script used for the libpng12 library.
libtool is called with this option: -Wl,--version-script=libpng.vers

and that script doesn't have some entries which will be gone, as noted
in libpng.txt:

 The old libpng functions png_read_init(), png_write_init(),
 png_info_init(), png_read_destroy(), and png_write_destroy() have been
 moved to PNG_INTERNAL in version 0.95 to discourage their use.  These
 functions will be removed from libpng version 2.0.0.

Hmm, i don't like it that we have now two different png libraries in that