Subject: Re: wine 0.9.11 on NetBSD/i386
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2006 14:49:38
Am 03.04.2006 um 12:30 Uhr -0700 schrieb Tom Spindler:
>  > the emulators/wine package has been upgraded to 0.9.11. Installed on
>>  netbsd-3 userland, both with a netbsd-3 and a HEAD kernel winecfg
>>  loops endlessly on creating ~/.wine.
>>
>  > Did anyone fare any better? Having CrossoverOffice would be sooo much
>>  nicer than  a full windows system on qemu (not to mention vmware)...
>
>The usual solution seems to be
>
>PKG_OPTIONS.wine = -opengl

For me, winecfg gets a bit further with that build option, to
calculating the font metrics, then hangs indefinitely. Again, same
issue on both netbsd-3 and HEAD kernel.

And same with any other wine application (notepad, winemine etc.) -
calculates font metrics, then busy-loops.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik