Subject: Re: Is there any reason to use CONFIGURE_ENV instead of CONFIGURE_ARGS?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: OBATA Akio <obata@lins.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/03/2006 02:15:17
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:32:55, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> The reasons are
> (a) Because it works even for old configure scripts (yes, we still have
> those in the tree).
> (b) It makes the likeliness of hitting argc limits much smaller.
> (c) The argument of the autoconf info page doesn't apply, since we
> actually patch away the configure reruns. If this doesn't happen for
> your package, complain :-)

OK, today's behaviour is good for most packages and platoform,
and for compatibility reason, it should not be changed, isn't it?

Hmm, my working package don't like to pass LIBS as environment variable,
so, I have no choice but to patch to configure and some other files...

--
OBATA Akio
obata@lins.jp